Saturday, February 23, 2008

Damn misanthropes

The archbishop of Canterbury is a very intelligent man. I have no problems with this. The fact that he can discredit the whole 'virgin birth' idea and still retain his faith is a little odd but I'm sure he has his own philisophical reasons for loving the mother-hating, I'll-only-heal-jews-and-to-hell-with-the-rest-of-you scamp who is Jesus H Fucking Christ.

His intelligence leaves me with a modicum of respect for the man, not something I grant most fishies I encounter. They may be nice people, I may get along with them just fine, but respect is not something which should be granted to anyone who would willingly subjegate themselves for an invisible sky-daddy, albeit only once a week.

I don't like it when people I respect and who's opinions I mostly trust come out with something as terrifying as: Sharia law will be introduced in this country in the next 20 years. It scares the crap out of me, and should scare the crap out of everyone else. Because you know what? He's probably right.

Look at the PC crap muslims get away with. Heaven forbid we point out that half of its followers openly despise democracy and would kill you rather than treat you as if you were a fellow human being because apparently a life of chastity and fatwahs makes you holier than every other person on the fucking planet. And somehow, in this model of the universe, 'holy' translates into 'better'.

Goddamn these people make me angry.

On the other hand, I am thinking about buying a hijab. Why? I hear you cry! Its a symbol of male oppression in a backwards religion practiced only to give its followers a free pass into lala-magic-land where they'll happily frolic forever with booze (I think its nectar actually but I'm sticking to my guns)

Its because! When I have a bad hair day, I tie a hijab around my head. When I can't find the hairbrush, same deal. When I want to look inconspicuous or I just want the repressed men in my part of London to LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE (seriously guys, I don't want you to have my number) I put on a hijab. It would be nice to have a proper one just as a deterrant to the rest of the world.

See! Its not sexism or oppression at work. Female muslims are just misanthropes, and I will happily join their ranks.

No comments: